Registration for Spring ’14 begins Nov. 11 (earlier for Honors students). I am teaching ENGL 3102: American Literature since the Rise of Realism and ENGL 1101: First-Year Composition.
ENGL 3102 is offered only as a hybrid course this semester. The course meets face-to-face on Wednesday afternoons; other learning activities occur online, primarily through D2L.
Textbooks for that course are
- Bedford Anthology of Southern Literature, vol. 2 (ISBN: 978-0-312-67869-2)
- Henry James, The American (get the Norton Critical Edition, ISBN: 978-0-393090-91-8)
- Willa Cather, O Pioneers! (ISBN: 978-0-395083-65-9)
- William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (Get the Norton Critical Edition, ISBN: 978-0-393964-81-3)
- Toni Morrison, Beloved (ISBN: 978-1-400033-41-6)
ENGL 1101 textbooks are
- Rules for Writers (ISBN: 978-0-312647-36-0)
- Writing in Response (ISBN: 978-0-312403-93-5)